You may have heard about Botox Cosmetic in advertisements, celebrity news, or heard about it from your friends, but do you know what is it and why it is used?
What Is Botox?
Botox is a brand name of a toxin produced by Clostridium Botulinum which is a type of bacteria that causes food poisoning.. There are also other brand names, such as Dysport, Xeomin and Jeuveau, Botox has been FDA approved in 2002.
What is the mechanism of botox?
Botox temporarily blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles, The injected muscle can no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften.
Why is botox used?
Botox has cosmetically and therapeutic effect in many conditions as:
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet which appears with aging
- Frown lines
- Excessive sweating
- Eye twitching
- Chronic Migraine
Am I a good candidate for botox ?
You may be a good candidate for botox injections if you are not:
- Allergic to any ingredients in Botox
- Suffer from skin infection
- Having breathing problems, such as asthma
- Undergone facial surgery
- Have weakness in your forehead muscles
- If you are pregnant or suffer from a neurological disease
from 3 to 6 months.