What are the causes of skin sagging in face and neck?
There are many reasons that lead to skin sagging in your face and neck such as:
- Genetics, which may play a role in skin sagging
- Long exposure to sunlight
- Lack of skin care
- Various environmental factors
- Nervous pressure and tension
How is the neck lift performed?
- Anesthesia: The doctor chooses the type that’s right for you
- Incision: Depending on your condition, the doctor will determine the type of incision that will be made in the neck, whether it is a traditional incision or other procedures until you reach the results you want to see.
- Fat can be removed or redistributed in the jaw and neck, then the skin will be tightened
- The doctor then closes the incisions with stitches
Neck Lift benefits
- Results are immediately
- Get rid of your saggy skin and wrinkles
- Strengthen the neck muscles
It might take several weeks to months for swelling and bruising to fully disappear and up to six months for your incision lines to fade. In the meantime, be careful to protect your skin from the sun, don’t wear clothing you need to pull over your head and be gentle with your surgical incisions.