What is Liposuction?
it is a procedure usually done in operating rooms in hospitals to get rid of extra stubborn fat resistant to weight loss from different parts of the body in a uniform manner that follows and enhance the body contours and musculature appearance liposculpture is also a recent term for the same procedure.
Vaser High definition liposuction
Also called ultrasound-assisted liposuction, it uses the ultrasonic waves to liquify the fat in the area required.
Benefits of Vaser Liposuction
It has added benefits of:
- Liquify the fat, makes it easier for the surgeon to remove it and become and concentrate more on the contour.
- Increasing skin tightening to minimize the risk of skin sagging after fat removal
- Greatly decrease the blood loss during the procedure.
- Considered a very safe procedure compared to other technologies used
- Less traumatic to the site and smoother skin in the end and greatly decrease the post procedure swelling
Ultrasound-assisted Vaser Liposuction Candidates
- People who has stubborn resistant fat in any area of their body.
- Those who wants a better contour of their bodies, but do not want to lose weight.
- People with good physical health.
Another alternative for vaser liposuction, that uses radio-frequency waves to liquify fat instead of vaser ultrasound waves and it has the same added benefits for skin tightening as vaser.
Before the procedure
Dr Mohamed Ashraf will explain everything you need to know about the procedure and expected results.
Routine labs are required to make sure that the patient is in good health stats before our procedure.
You’re asked to
- Stop any analgesics 2 days before surgery apart from paracetamol
- Stop smoking
- Stop any multivitamins
- Stop blood thinning medications (aspirin, coumarin or NOAG) for 10 days
- Don’t stop any hypertension or diabetes drugs
Type of Anesthesia for liposuction procedures
Almost all types of anesthesia is possible.
- Local anesthesia (with sedation)
- Epidural anesthesia (the one used for cesarean section)
- General anesthesia
The decision of which should be used is discussed with the patient and anesthesiologist to provide the safest for his/her case.
Body parts and areas that may require liposuction
- Neck – Double chin
- Male Chest (gynecomastia)
- Female breasts (if huge and requires minimal breast reduction with no scars)
Fat may be re-injected during the procedure in the following areas
- Face ( forehead – eyebrows – eyelids – cheeks – laugh lines – sad lines)
- Male chest (for a more muscular look)
- Female breast
- Hands for hand rejuvenations
- Buttocks (bbl)
Liposuction operation time
Time varies from 1-4 hours depending on the amount of fat to be removed the number also the number of areas in the body we have to operate on.
Recovery time after liposuction
Recovery time varies from a few hours for a minimal procedure like double chin liposuction, to 2-3 days if a whole body was operated upon.
The patient is instructed not to remove the compression garment in the first few days after surgery
After The Procedure
A medical liposuction Compression Garment provided by our clinic must be worn for 4-6 weeks after the procedure.
Repeated follow-up visits in the clinic.
this type of procedures is usually considered a day-case procedure. However if more than 5 liters of fat is removed Dr Mohamed Ashraf may advise to stay overnight in the hospital.
When to Expect Results
Final results of any liposuction procedure is expected to appear from 1-3 months. However there are great variation depending on the amount of fat removed the age of the patient, skin quality.
Is Liposuction procedure dangerous?
No, it is one of the safest procedures in plastic surgery but should be done by a certified well trained cosmetic surgeon.
The Cost of Liposuction Procedure in Egypt
The Cost hugely varies from one case to another
Factors determining the cost of the procedure:
- The number of areas required for fat removal
- The amount of fat to be removed from each area
- Injecting fat to different parts of the body like having a bbl (Brazilian butt-lift) fat injected to the fat or to the hands
You can always contact us to know more about the cost and get a quotation for your case on whatsapp