Breast implant removal surgery aims to remove the implant for women who have undergone a breast augmentation or reconstruction process, In this surgery the doctor removes the implant from the scar tissue that had been formed after breast implants.
While Breast Implant Revision, the doctor replaces the breast implant with a new one, The aim for this procedure is to change or improve the appearance of the breasts, which may include:
- Enlarge or reduce breasts
- Change from saline to silicone or different style of implant
- Increase or decrease the size or change in the shape of the breast
Breast implants are not permanent or lifelong implants and you may need to change them approximately every 10 to 15 years.
Who are the candidates for a breast implant removal or replacement procedures?
In general, you would be a good candidate for removing breast implants if you:
- Have good physical health and stable weight.
- If you suffer from discomfort and pain.
- You feel your breasts are too heavy
- If there is rupture or leakage of the implant.
You can also perform an implant replacement if you:
- Unsatisfied with the size, shape or appearance of your breasts.
- Worried about the safety or condition of the implant.
- Change the type of implant.
What can you expect from the process?
Before performing the surgery, Your doctor will discuss with you your goals regarding the procedure, your expectations, your health conditions, medications sensitivity, and if you performed past surgeries.