Facelift Surgery ( Rhytidectomy )
As we get older, skin and tissues naturally lose their elasticity. This leads to sagging and wrinkles. A facelift, also known as rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that lifts and tightens these facial tissues.
A facelift can involve removing excess skin, smoothing out folds or wrinkles, and tightening facial tissue. It doesn’t include a brow or eye lift, although these might be done at the same time.
Why face lift?
A facelift aims to create a smoother, more youthful appearance.
- removes and tightens sagging skin
- reduces the droop of the cheeks around the jaw line
- lifts the corners of the mouth
- reduces the creases between the cheeks and the lips
Face lift options
There are many options used to perform a face lift depending on the doctor’s recommendation and the patient’s preference. These options include the following:
- Traditional Facelift: Through incisions located just behind the hairline, and around the front of the ear, The cosmetic surgeon can reposition the deeper tissues beneath the skin and remove excess skin to smooth creases, eliminate jowls and sagging skin under the chin, and restore a naturally youthful contour to the face and neck.
- Mini-Facelift: This is a less invasive technique that allows a cosmetic surgeon to tighten deep facial tissues through shorter incisions, typically located along the hairline above each ear or in the natural creases surrounding the ear. Through these incisions, structural tissues around the cheeks are lifted and tightened to correct jowling, refine the jawline, and rejuvenate a tired appearance.
- Facial injections (Non invasive)
- Fillers: They are gel-like substances that are injected under the skin to restore lost volume, smooth lines and soften wrinkles, Used to lift the cheeks and jaw.
- Botox: Botox temporarily blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles, The injected muscle can no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften.
- Facelift by plasma injection: a sample is drawn from the patient’s blood and the plasma plates separated from it are then injected into places that are identified in the face.
- Facial Lifting by Stem Cells Injection: which stimulates collagen cells for restoring the skin to its youthfulness.
Face lift results
The results of facelift can give a more youthful and energetic appearance.
Unfortunately, the results of facelift are not permanent. Sagging can occur again, but you can expect the result to continue for a period that may reach many years, especially with surgical procedures.