You probably heard about botox from an ad, news or your friends. it is by far is the most common cosmetic procedure done in Egypt and worldwide every year since more than two decades.
it is a brand “commercial name” of a drug. The active ingredient is botulinum toxin produced by some kind of bacteria mainly causes temporary muscle weakness and paralysis.
There are many other brands widely available in Egypt. Dysport, Xeomin, Neuronox and Refinex all exported from different manufacturers.
How Botox work?
botulinum toxin cause temporary paralysis and weakness in muscles which helps to soften the dynamic wrinkles in the forehead and around the eyes.
It also works on sweat gland by an unknown mechanism to minimize sweating from some areas suffering from excessive sweating (for those suffering from Hyperhidrosis)
Why is botox used?
it is used cosmetically for the following reasons
- Forehead wrinkles
- Crow’s feet wrinkles (outer eye wrinkles)
- Frown lines (also known as 111 in Egypt)
- Nose wrinkles
- Vertical neck lines
- Gummy smile
It is used also therapeutically for
- Excessive sweating (underarms, hands, feet)
- Chronic Migraine
- Teeth Grinding (teeth clenching)
Many patients use botox for a non-surgical forehead lift, eyebrow lift or even a minimal eyelid lift.
Am I a candidate for Botox ?
Everyone is a good candidate for this procedure, except if he/she is
- Allergic to Botox or any similar brand
- They have a currently active skin infection
- Undergone a recent facial surgery
- You have weakness in forehead muscles already
- If you have a neurological-muscular condition
- If you are pregnant or lactating
A very simple procedure, that takes less than 5 minutes.
- we use a local anesthetic cream to numb the desired area of injection
- Mark our injection points
- We use the world’s smallest needle (the invisible needle) for an almost painless procedure.
- We inject our product as marked
Temporary Small bumps may be seen at injection sites that usually disappear within 15-20 minutes.
Instructions after a botox procedure
- Do not rub or massage the area injected for 5 hours
- Avoid leaning or bending forward for 5 hours after the procedure
How long does botox take to work?
Results are expected to take effect from 2-3 days with maximum results seen at around the 14th day.
How Long does botox Last?
from 3-6 months. It varies from one person to another, area injected and the dose injected. Botox usually last longer in women than men.
Do men get botox?
Yes, men get botulinum toxin treatments is trending and at least 40% of our treatments are for men.
How much does a botox cost in Egypt?
Cost varies depends on the areas required for injection, the number of units to be injected per required area and the botox brand used. In our practice Dr Mohamed Ashraf use the best botulinum toxin brands licensed for use by the Egyptian drug authority.
Can we do facial fillers in the same setting?
Yes, definitely we can do both in the same settings, but Dr Mohamed Ashraf don’t overlap both botox and fillers in the same facial area in the same setting.