Chin Surgery ( Mentoplasty )
Genioplasty is a type of surgery done on the chin. Both plastic surgeons and maxillofacial surgeons (surgeons who work on the mouth and jaw) can perform this type of surgery.
Genioplasty is most frequently a cosmetic surgery, meaning people choose to have it for looks and not because of a medical problem
When people consider mentoplasty ?
- advancement, or moving the chin forward
- pushback, or moving the chin backward
- side-to-side, which can help with asymmetrical chins
- vertical changes, such as making the chin longer or shorter
- In case of double chin
What are the factors that lead to double chin?
- Aging as the skin loses its elasticity and with age the chin area sagging.
- Overweight and obesity
- Hereditary Factors
- Excessive exposure to sunlight that may lead to losing skin elasticity
- Some diseases that can lead to fat accumulation under the chin.