Probably no other physical characteristic cries out for facial plastic surgery more than protruding ears, You might choose to have otoplasty if you’re bothered by how far your ears stick out from your head. You might also consider otoplasty if your ear or ears are misshapen due to an injury or birth defect.
Otoplasty or cosmetic ear surgery refers to the surgical reshaping of the pinna or outer ear. The aim may be to correct a deformity or to improve appearance.
Conditions that otoplasty can treat
- Your ear or two ears stick out too far from your head
- Your ears are large in proportion to your head
- You’re dissatisfied with a previous ear surgery
- Deformed ears due to accidents or birth defects
- Overdevelopment or underdevelopment of the cartilage